5.22.2014

looking for an answer, only time will tell

looking for an answer, only time will tell

looking for an answer, only time will tell by sassy

I thrusted inside of Cami one last time as we both came down from our orgasms, our breaths still erratic after all the groaning and screaming. It was so epic, always. "Sex in the makeup room of the agency, check." I smirked as I nuzzled her neck, inhaling deeply her sweet scent.
"We still a have a long list though." She said in a chuckle, running her hand up the back of my neck and tangling her fingers in my hair to force me to pull my head back gently.
I looked into her eyes and beamed at her like an idiot, "I can't wait baby." I whispered and pressed my lips against hers.
"Is anyone here?" A voice broke the silence, it counting distant but definitely coming from inside. And it was definitely my mom.
"Merde." I widened my eyes as I pulled out of Cami quickly.
"You said there was no one!" She whispered, panic in her eyes while we got dressed at the speed of sounds.
"It's Sunday, no one ever comes here on Sunday!" I breathed out, buttoning my shirt up and thinking tht we had the worst look on earth.
She ran her hands through her hair, then smoothed her dress, "What are we going to do?" She asked, looking as worried as I was.
I sucked in a breath, "Get out from the back door. I'll deal with my mom and I'll see you at home okay?" I suggested, not able to come up with a better idea.
"Okay." She nodded, pressed a kiss on my lips quickly like the crazy girl she was before grabbing her heels and tiptoeing out of the room.
I shook my head, feeling like height school all over again. "Mom?" I said loud enough for her to come in my direction rather than in Cami's, walking towards her office.
She appeared in the hallway, blinking. "Ben? What are you doing here?" She asked slowly, giving me a glance over. I was so s.crewed. I wasn't able to lie to my mom and I was still high on Cami.
"I have a casting tomorrow morning and I couldn't find my book." I said trying to sound nonchalant, even adding a smile and kissing her cheek, "What are you doing here on Sunday?"
"Your dad lost his phone and says it's here." She sighed and before I could ask why he wasn't here himself she went on, "Is anyone else here?"
I shook my head, keeping my face as straight as I could. "No, of course not."
She seemed to process my words, as if she was torn if believe me or not, leaving me holding my breath. "I heard noises...and your shirt is buttoned all wrong. Not to add that your hair is..." She motioned at it, making it clear it was a mess.
I just shrugged, "I got out of my apartment in a hurry." I explained. Another lie my mom would never buy.
"Benjamin." She looked at me with a serious face, "I hope she wasn't a model that works for us. That'd be really unprofessional from you and I'd be really disappointed."
"I don't know what you're talking about mom." I said back stubbornly but my blood was freezing, "I'm alone."
"You know better than lying to me." She pointed out, the look on her face the one she always wore whenever I was upsetting her, no matter if I was a grown up man now.
I leaned back against the wall, feeling cornered and guilty too. "It was Cami." I confessed, even though this wasn't the way I had wanted to let my mother know.
Her mouth fell open as she just stared at me blankly, making me impossibly nervous. "I should get going," I said when she didn't respond.
"Oh no you don't mister," She shook her head, finally finding her voice. She kept her lips parted as a sigh escaped her, making me hold my breath. "Ben," She started and sighed again.
"I'm sorry," I said when she didn't add a word, feeling genuinely embarrassed for getting caught.
She smiled at me, "I know that you still love Cami, but you need to let her go. She isn't the kind of girl you screw around with at work and then don't call. You have a child with her and this is only going to complicate things. What if Gabriel found out?"
I processed her words, part of me upset that my mom could think I'd treat Cami like any other girl. I was a grown up man, but her opinion still meant a lot to me. "I'm glad to know you think I'm so stupid to fool around with her." I said eventually.
"Ben, listen." She started with a pained expression on her still gorgeous face as she took a step closer to me, setting her hand on my arm, "I don't want you or Cami to get hurt. You two have a son-"
"I know mom." I cut her off and ran my hands through my hair, "We talked about it and no one is going to get hurt. You know that Gabe always comes first for us."
"And what happened to that girl you were dating?" She asked, raising one eyebrow.
"Celeste?" I asked back and she nodded, "I stopped seeing her months ago...almost a full year ago actually."
She sighed and frowned a little, "Why you don't tell me anything anymore Ben?"
I shrugged, feeling bad a little, but knowing that Cami and I had needed time before coming out. Now we couldn't hide anymore, we didn't even want to. "It took a while to make everything right...but we're back together now. I mean me and Cami. Gabe knows it already." I said quietly, waiting for her reaction.
Her eyes widened and mom nodded her head eventually, a smile playing on her lips which I took as a good sign. "And how long have you two been together?" She asked since she could never resist.
I let out a deep breath, ready to confess everything at this point, "Almost a year."
"Benjamin!" She gasped and shook her head. We had done a great job hiding ourselves from everyone, no doubts about that. "How is Gabriel taking it?"
"Honestly?" I shrugged my shoulders and an exhausted look appeared on my face, since that was a touchy subject and I was lost there. "I'm not sure. He's been acting out. His temper keeps getting shorter and shorter."
She parted her lips but nodded her head, surprised just like Cami and I had been. "It'll take him some time to adjust to the changes, but he will," He replied, sounding sure of that.
"I hope so." I sighed once again, deciding to open up to my mom completely since she was such an amazing mother and I trusted her opinion completely. If I was the man I was? It was a lot because of her. "It's killing us, you know him and he's not like that at all. He's usually such a good kid..." I trailed off, shaking my head.
"He still is Ben, only sometimes we react to unexpected news in weird ways because we don't know how to handle it or we're scared." She replied softly, doing her best to console me.
I nodded in agreement, "He basically told me he's afraid I'd leave him and Cami again. I had to promise it won't happen again." I explained and when she gave me a look, I went on. "It won't happen again. I'm sure about that. We weren't together all these years because of many reasons, but not because we didn't love each other anymore."
Another smile curved my mom's lips as she looked at me, "I know that Ben. What are you doing to do instead?" She asked, once again sounding curious.
"We're looking for an apartment, we want to move all together as soon as possible." I answered and this time I smiled too, since the thought exicted me. We were back on the right track and I couldn't wait to live the life I had been wanted for so long.
"I'm happy for you two," Mom smiled at me, pride in her eyes and that was enough to make me feel proud of myself too. Of course it had been a long way to where we were now, but I wouldn't change it for any reason because I liked where it had taken me. "It might take Gabe some time, but it's really the best thing for him. He's going to love having the both of you around all the time, no more split custody..." She trailed off as I nodded my head.
"I hope he comes around sooner than later," I said finally.
"Like we always say, he's a very smart boy," She said matter of factly, her eyes looking past me towards the makeup room. "Is Cami still here?" She peeked around me, as if she might appear any moment.
I shook my head with parted lips, running a hand through my hair, "She left out the back."
She cracked a grin, "Should I be expecting more grandbabies soon?"
I groaned, "Mom."
She rolled her eyes, "Let's not beat around the bush. I know what you two were doing here and as much as I don't approve of your actions? I wouldn't mind having more babies in my life."
I stared at her, trying to decide what to comment first. Eventually, I broke into a smirk, "How can we give you more babies if we don't do the things you don't approve?" I asked in a silly tone.
"Ben." She stared back at me as she sighed, no trace of amusement on her face. "I don't approve the fact that you decide to hide here."
"Okay okay." I paused as I lifted my hands in surrender, "Got it mom. I know what you mean and it won't happen again." Maybe, I added in my mind. We woudln't get caught again, that was certain.
She sighed one last time, "Do you know we have security cameras all over the agency right?"
"Not in every room." I said and pursed my lips together, keeping my face straight.
"Oh god Ben." She shook her head and crossed her arms against her chest, "Enough. I don't even want to think about it."
I smiled, because I was genuinely amused by the way she was reacting. I wasn't a baby anymore and it was no mystery that I had sex, but I was still her son and she was still my mom and there were bondaries that it was better not to cross. "Cami and I talked about having other babies and we both agree on having at least another one, but it's not happening anytime soon. We still have things to work on and Gabe needs to get used to see us together before getting shocked all over again with a brother or a sister." I explained seriously, honestly I couldn't wait to have another baby. I was so impatient for all the good things that were waiting for me.
Mom smiled back at me. "I'm very proud of you," I said seriously. "You're putting your son first and being a good father."
"I only hope Gabe sees it that way," I retorted while my smile faltered ever so slightly.
"He does," She replied with a nod. "He adores you Ben. Every time I watch him, he reminds me so much of you and how you were when you were little... he wants to be just like you."
I grinned, "As long as he doesn't make the same mistakes I made? I have no problems with that."
"You've corrected your mistakes and look at how happy you are now," She said honestly.
I cracked a wider grin at her words, "You're so wise. Maybe I need to have you talk to Gabe."
She laughed, "What has your sister said about all of this?"
My grin dropped, since Chloe was the last thing I wanted to discuss, mostly after out ugly fight. "That I got Cami pregnant and dumped her when it got too hard." I said flatly, her words still hurting me as I said it because they made no sense at all. They were just mean.
My mom blinked at me, looking confused, "What?! I meant about the present...but tell me more about that instead." She said slowly and I could tell she was in Sherlock mode. She wanted to dig, she wanted to know.
I smiled and shook my head, not wanting to bring the fight up with my mom, we were grown up enough to keep it between us, plus I knew she'd get upset about it and I didn't want that. It was unnecessary. "The past needs to stay in the past, I want to focus on the future only." I said instead, meaning it. I let out the part about my sister not being part of it if she kept that attitude up.
My mother's brows furrowed as she studied my face, taking a few moments before talking, "You didn't tell your sister?" She asked eventually, always doing the math even if there was a part of the equation she didn't know.
I shrugged, "No. I discussed it with Cami and she wants to tell her instead. I agreed since they're better at talking than I am." I explained simply, but also kind of hoping she'd drop the subject as soon as possible.
Mom nodded mher head, looking deep in a thought. One I didn't want to know probably. "I hope she finds out soon," She said finally. "Before it appears in the tabloids."
"It won't," I retorted quickly, always doing a good job of hiding my personal life. I had never liked being in the spotlight, it had already ruined my relationship once and now I had my son to protect from that undesired attention too.
"Because you two are being so careful?" She lifted an eyebrow, "You don't go out in public together? Kiss in public?"
"We're very private," I replied, knowing it couldn't always be like that but I was willing to try anyway.
She nodded my head though, "I guessed by the way you took her to the agency during closed hours. I hope you didn't consider that a date."
"No, that was just for fun." I answered quietly while I wondered what she was thinking exactly. I knew she was happy for me, but there was something else...as if she had doubts. Or maybe after Chloe's stunt I saw the bad in everything.
"I'm ignoring your answer." She sighed a little dramatically, in that moment looking a lot like her daughter.
I sighed myself even though for completely different reasons, "I take Cami on dates as much as I can, but it's hard with Gabe." I explained.
"I can watch him whenever you want." She said back, this time giving me a sweet smile. It was no mystery that she adored his first grandson, everybody did actually.
I smiled back this time, having no doubts that she'd be more than happy to watch him and Gabe would be happy to be spoiled too. "I know mom. But we think that he needs to stay with us as much as possible..." I trailed off with a shrug.
"Like today you mean?" She said back.
"Today was an exception, and he's with Chloe anyway. She wanted to see him." I answered quickly.
"She missed him," Mom said with a nod. "All of us missed him when you guys were gone on vacation... We missed you and Cami also."
I nearly groaned, "Chloe has already told me. She made me out to sound like a horrible person for taking my family on vacation."
She smiled and reached for my hand, giving it a quick squeeze before letting go again, "Your sister wants to be part of your life and overreacts when things don't go her way. I know it drives you crazy and sometimes she'll say the wrong thing and hurt you, but she loves you and doesn't mean any harm."
"You're right about one thing, she overreacts..." I trailed off and rolled my eyes. Of course princess Chloe had to have an excuse for everything.
She sighed and decided to change the subject again, "Well anytime you and Cami need a night off, I would love to watch Gabe. He can even stay over. We'll camp in the backyard and make s'mores if the weather is nice enough."
"He'd love that but you'll have to convince him yourself." I said and sighed, thinking about all the new complications in my life. I kept repeating to myself it was just a phase, that Gabe would get over it, but it was draining anyway.
My mom frowned, "He's always liked spending time with me and your father."
"I know...lets say he lost a little of his independence lately." I explained, part of me wondering if that was also because he was growing up and he was getting scared of that unconsciously or it was all because me and Cami.
She nodded her head, giving me that look that only her could give me and make me feel immediately better. Moms were amazing, mine and Gabe's too. Men could do many things, but they'd be lost without women. "We'll spoil him a little, it will do the trick." She said, her tone playful even though if I knew her? She was kind of serious too. Being the only one nephew gave Gabe never ending privileges.
"Just not too much please." I said back as I allowed myself to smile too before I pulled her into a hug, it being the thank you I didn't need to say out loud. Pulling back, I looked at her, "You didn't tell me anything about you or dad...can I take you to lunch?" I suggested, wanting to show my gratitude to her and knowing that Cami would understand if I got home later. Or she could join us.
"I'd love that," Mom smiled wider at me. "I just need to grab a few contracts from my office and then we can get going."
I nodded my head as we walked towards her office in silence. She flicked the light switch and grabbed a couple of the folders on her desk, sliding them into her purse and then looking back at me with her smile still in place. "Should we invite dad and Cami?" I asked after she turned the lights off.
"Your dad's doing yard work and god only knows that's a miracle in itself, but we can invite Cami if you'd like," She grinned.
My eyes widened, "Yard work? Are you black mailing him in some way?"
She laughed and shook her head, "He's taken up gardening... Honestly, I think he gets bored sitting around at home with nothing to do. That man loves working."
 

150 comments:

  1. [i love this :')]

    i really am very happy for you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should marry that girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. my little man is so grown up :')

    ReplyDelete
  4. im not! im just getting a little teary eyed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. im just happy for my son! :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. will you three come to dinner this weekend? or whenever youre free?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll ask Cami but yes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. well ive been waiting for years for you two to be together...

    ReplyDelete
  9. really? you denied it for so long

    ReplyDelete
  10. couldnt you tell that she was still in love with you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. youve never been good at reading people

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't get that from you unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
  13. its one of my many talents :3

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a modest mom I have

    ReplyDelete
  15. *laughs* im too old to be cocky

    ReplyDelete
  16. what are your plans for today?

    ReplyDelete
  17. you can bring gabe over to swim if you get bored

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never get bored but thanks :3 my little fishy would love that

    ReplyDelete
  19. hes just like you were when you were his age :3

    ReplyDelete
  20. so you and Cami keep tell me :3

    ReplyDelete
  21. you should listen to us... we're smart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. the smartest women I know :3

    ReplyDelete
  23. why? ill never get tired of them :3

    ReplyDelete
  24. youre already confindent enough

    ReplyDelete
  25. i blame your father :3

    ReplyDelete
  26. your father is hands down the cockiest of us all

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think that medal should go to miss awful

    ReplyDelete
  28. benjamin, thats not a nice name to call your sister and you know it

    ReplyDelete
  29. I should call her "hot mess" like she likes calling herself

    ReplyDelete
  30. maybe someone should tell her that's its not a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  31. i have... a million times -.-

    ReplyDelete
  32. say something nice about your sister

    ReplyDelete
  33. she's adorable with gabe

    ReplyDelete
  34. if only she was that version of herself more often

    ReplyDelete
  35. you never spend time with her so you wouldnt even know

    ReplyDelete
  36. everyone's always ready to defend her no matter what she does, no wonder why she doesn't think she should change some things about her life

    ReplyDelete
  37. shes only acting out because she feels so alone

    ReplyDelete
  38. right. always an excuse for the poor chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I wish she'd make better choices

    ReplyDelete
  40. shes an adult though and makes her own decisions

    ReplyDelete
  41. still sometimes he's more mature than your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  42. when will you bring him by again?

    ReplyDelete
  43. next weekend...if it's okay for you

    ReplyDelete
  44. its always okay for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. i love spending time with him and someday he wont want to hang out with me anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  46. hes growing up so fast

    ReplyDelete
  47. if youre old then im ancient *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  48. i cant believe youre almost 30 o.o

    ReplyDelete
  49. you're still young mom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  50. I can't believe you just called yourself hot :|

    ReplyDelete
  51. your dad tells me it all the time

    ReplyDelete
  52. what?? be happy knowing that we're still crazy about each other :3

    ReplyDelete
  53. yes but I'd rather not know all the stuff

    ReplyDelete
  54. i didnt say anything bad :3

    ReplyDelete
  55. are you working today?

    ReplyDelete
  56. they really love you over at ferragamo :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. will you ever stop work?

    ReplyDelete
  58. ive been thinking about it... id get too bored if i retired now

    ReplyDelete
  59. but we should have that talk with you and your sister soon

    ReplyDelete
  60. about who will take over the agency

    ReplyDelete
  61. because youd rather model instead?

    ReplyDelete
  62. then what do you aspire to be? i know youre comfortable with modeling, but youre capable of doing so much more than that

    ReplyDelete
  63. like what? I have no idea of what I could do

    ReplyDelete
  64. you have no desire to run the agency?

    ReplyDelete
  65. I don't think I have the skills for that

    ReplyDelete
  66. you never give yourself any credit.. youre smart ben and you know the agency better than anyone. just think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. a few agencies have made offers to buy us out, but we thought we'd talk to you first... i know that chloe loves modeling, but you just fell into it and always wanted more

    ReplyDelete
  68. where is chloe standing in all this?

    ReplyDelete
  69. we havent spoke to her yet, but im assuming she will want to continue modeling

    ReplyDelete
  70. so I'd be running the agency and she'd keep modeling?

    ReplyDelete
  71. unless she wanted to take on more responsibilities...

    ReplyDelete
  72. I don't know if I'd be able to work with her

    ReplyDelete
  73. we wouldnt force either of you to take over our job... we have plenty of offers we could consider

    ReplyDelete
  74. thats not what I meant and you know it

    ReplyDelete
  75. and im saying that if you didnt want to work with her? i wouldnt force you to... if the two of you couldn't handle working together, the only answer would be to sell

    ReplyDelete
  76. maybe this is worst moment to talk about it

    ReplyDelete
  77. my children are acting like babies

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love how I always take the blame even for things I didn't do. I'm not acting like a baby, chloe does and no one tells her but me. that's why she's always such a mean bitch to me.

    ReplyDelete
  79. im not putting the blame on you... i just wish you two would talk out your problems instead of just keep arguing. family is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  80. she's impossible to talk to

    ReplyDelete